What is NCHE?
NCHE is a private, volunteer organization active at the state level, serving North Carolina homeschoolers.
In 1984, NCHE was organized to support and encourage home educators and to protect the right to freely home educate in North Carolina. From a small group of concerned parents, NCHE has grown into an increasingly stronger statewide service organization.
NCHE is a representative organization governed by a board of seven officers elected by all NCHE members and 12 regional directors, elected by the NCHE members in each region. NCHE is operated on the basis of Biblical principles and living faith, welcoming members of all races, nationalities, and religions who subscribe to the NCHE ideals.
- Educational Excellence
- Parental Authority and Responsibility for Education
- Protection and Promotion of the Family
- Diligence in Moral and Ethical Instruction
- Responsible Citizenship
- Freedom of Choice Among Educational Alternatives
- Defense of Constitutional Rights
Member Supported by Homeschoolers like YOU!
Great news! We at NCHE are concerned about our members and how you are faring in this economy. We understand that some are having financial challenges while others continue to prosper. As a result, NCHE is changing the way we do business by no longer requiring an annual membership fee. Instead, beginning September 1, 2009, you may join NCHE or renew your membership with an annual tax-deductible donation of any amount!
Rest assured that while the method of funding our operations is changing, our mission to protect, promote and provide support for homeschoolers across North Carolina does not change. We remain fully committed to offering the following valuable services:
- An NCHE registered lobbyist monitors legislative activity in Raleigh and ensures that your concerns are voiced and your freedom to homeschool is protected.
- Experienced homeschool leaders in your area are there to answer your questions and provide support to you in your homeschool journey.
- NCHE board members speak at various events and provide interviews for organizations and media to promote homeschooling and its benefits.
- A 'Members Only' section of the NCHE website is loaded with helpful information on homeschooling topics and discounts on products and services.
- The NCHE publication, 'Greenhouset', is included in your membership with the option to purchase a hardcopy subscription for $15 per year.
- NCHE's annual conference, the largest in North Carolina, brings great speakers who inspire and encourage, and vendors who offer numerous curriculum options.
- A statewide competitive homeschool sports league, 'NCHEAC', produces many athletes who have received scholarships to play on college teams.
- An inspirational ceremony, in conjunction with the annual NCHE Conference, celebrates your son's or daughter's graduation from your homeschool.
We are excited about this major change in our operations as we continue to look for more ways to serve and support you. Please encourage your homeschool friends that are not members of NCHE to sign up and receive the same benefits you already enjoy. We also want to encourage you to let us know what other ways we can better support and encourage you.
The success of NCHE's mission depends on faithful members like you sharing of their time and resources as they are able so that homeschooling will remain a strong educational option for our children's children. You may donate anytime safely and securely online or by mailing a check to our office. If you have any questions about these changes, don't hesitate to contact any of your NCHE board members or the NCHE office via phone or email found on the website.